PAPERCLIP/BOOKMARK KIT - FABRIC COVERED BUTTON INSTRUCTIONS
1. Place template on fabric, print side up. Trace around clear template after positioning the print you require in the middle window of the template. Cut around your circle. (remove protective paper if you want a clear template.
2. Place clear tool base on a firm surface.
3. Turn over print side of fabric circle so it is positioned down and put on top of base (ensure any fabric which has a print you want centred is positioned in middle of base)
4. Place aluminium button shell over fabric and push into the tool base.
5. When you have ensured the fabric is in the correct position, fold edges of fabric into middle of button, using sharp scissors trim excess fabric if need be, (ensuring there is enough fabric to fold in, but not too much that the back wont snap in)
6. Make sure no fabric is hanging out, place button back into shell (with sharp edge side sticking up) Using the blue pusher, push firmly onto back of button until back “pops” into place. Button is complete!! Well done!!
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for all buttons supplied.
8. Using the E6000 glue supplied adhere the finished button to the paperclip supplied in the kit (follow E6000 Instructions below) and repeat for all buttons and paperclips. (You need a big DOB of glue to gap fill the back of the button, dont squeeze it flat)
9. YOU ARE FINISHED!!!! WELL DONE!!!! You now have made your own button paperclip, easy wasn’t it??!!
Magnets and buttons can now be purchased separately in store.
DIRECTIONS &TIPS FOR USING E-6000® Apply E-6000® directly to each surface to be bonded. Allow E-6000® to partially cure 10 minutes before bringing surfaces together. Allow to dry for 24 - 48 Hours.
Note: E-6000® hardens by solvent evaporation and forms an immediate bond that is difficult to reposition after both adhesive coated surfaces are placed in contact with each other and sufficient pressure is exerted to establish full contact. SPECIAL TIPS: To extend life of product, be sure cap is secured back to original position. Use a toothpick as a disposable applicator for very small applications such as beading. Remove, recap and allow plastic nozzle to dry. Remove dried product from nozzle by pulling out through threaded end and reuse nozzle. TEMPERATURE RECOMMENDATION/LIMITATIONS: Performs best when applied at 70-85 degrees F. GAP FILLING ABILITY: Up to to 1/4–inch CLEAN UP & REMOVAL RECOMMENDATIONS: Uncured E-6000® can be cleaned by using small amounts of solvents such as Acetone, Tolulene or Naphtha. Cured E-6000® requires scraping or cutting away product with sharp knife and use mineral spirits (i.e. gasoline, lighter fluid, lacquer thinner) to soften product.
CAUTION ADVISORIES OR SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS: Use E-6000® in a well-ventilated area. E-6000® may damage finished surfaces. Avoid prolonged contact