BEGINNERS KIT FABRIC COVERED BUTTON INSTRUCTIONS
1. If you are using your own fabric follow these instructions, otherwise if using some precut fabric go to step 2. Place template on fabric, print side up. Trace around clear template after positioning the print you require in the middle window of the template. Cut around your circle.
2. Place clear tool base on a firm surface.
3. Turn over print side of fabric circle so it is positioned down and put on top of base (ensure any fabric which has a print you want centered is positioned in middle of base)
4. Place aluminum button shell over fabric and push into the tool base.
5. When you have ensured the fabric is in the correct position, fold edges of fabric into middle of button, using sharp scissors trim excess fabric if need be, (ensuring there is enough fabric to fold in, but not too much that the back wont snap in)
6. Make sure no fabric is hanging out, place button back into shell (with shank side sticking out!) Using the blue pusher, push firmly onto back of button until back “pops” into place. (If using flat backs, the sharp edge must point upwards)
7. Button is complete!! Well done!!
8. YOU ARE FINISHED!!!! WELL DONE!!!! You now have made your own button, easy wasn’t it??!!
These buttons are very addictive and we are sure you will want to make more! They are great to sew on clothes, bags etc or make into hair accessories. We have bulk packs of buttons available now you have your own tool and template. There are also different size and quantity button kits , hair tie kits, snap clip kits, earring stud kits etc. We can also make a custom order for you with your choice of fabrics, colors etc. Now that you are an expert, you may wish to buy your own fabrics and use the template or we have precut fabrics available. If by some chance you don’t like making these and want to purchase the hairties ready made, we have those too!